Story Server is.Net based domain framework for content oriented applications. This loosely coupled framework has been designed to provide full customisation to any applications which revolves around the ideas of collaborating and managing stories. Story server virtually sees every content or representable item as story which may possess following characteristics.
- Formless: Story can be represented in any form. It could be a blog post, image, video, product, and drawing. Or it could be anything which can be represented, that is why it is called formless.
- Comments: Stories can be commented.
- Folksonomy (Tags): Stories can be tagged by the user.
- Taxonomy (Categories): Stories can be categorised hierarchically
- Stateful: Stories are Stateful, and can be marked by states like; approved, edited, ready etc...
- Ranking: Stories can be ranked, and nature of the ranking could be anything (Yes No, 1-2-3-4-5, Like - Don't like, or anything).
- Popularity: Stories may support popularity index.
- View Count: Story may or may not maintain view count.
- Edit History: Stories may have support for edit history.
- Versioning: System may have versioning support.
- Favourite: Stories can be put into user'sfavourite.
- Shared: Stories can be shared with other users.
- Globalization: Stories can be represented in multiple languages.
- Authorization: Only authorized users should be able to given state of story.
- Spam Protection: Stories can be voted and marked as spam by the user.
Story servers allows system to maintain multiple types of stories in a single system, that means a video sharing website may have blog, and ecommerce section.
While designing Story Server we have also considers related and required modules, like Membership, Friendship, Globalization, Security... All together provides bundled solution to any modern content based system which is flexible enough to cater any requirement. Because of its loosely coupled design, Story Server will be able to deal with multiple Databases.
First version will be release with .Net 4.0, SQL Server 2008 and Platform Azure. Date of release is not finalized. But an application Code2Use which is based on story server will go live before story server release.